ZOO Venues recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
We endeavour to:
• Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
• Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
• Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
• Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
• Increase employee awareness and training.
To do this the following aims and procedures have been put in place:
• Minimise the use of paper in the office.
• Reduce packaging as much as possible.
• Seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
• Reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
• Work to limit paper-based marketing both produced by us and the companies that perform with us.
Energy and water
• We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
• Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
• Stage lighting is recognised as being our greatest energy use and therefore we are moving to almost entirely LED lighting system which reduces energy consumption by the lighting system by approximately 90%.
• The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
• We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
• We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
• We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
Maintenance and cleaning
• Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
• We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
• We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
• We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
• Work to provide staff with relevant environmental training.
• Work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.